Summer is a good time to cruise
on Halong Bay but the best time of year is during the
spring or fall.
Because the bay is situated in the northern part of the country, it can get colder in the fall and winter, and though you won't see extremes such as blizzards, it's still a lousy place to be when it gets cold.
Tip: You should bring a swim suit with you, night's swim in the phosphorescent water is also very nice (must be before your drinks
Transportation from Hanoi
Many Tourists ask the same question regarding means of transport between Hanoi and Halong City.
- Travellers can get a bus from Hanoi Gia Lam bus station to Mien Tay bus station in Bai Chay (Halong city). It currently costs about US$ 3. However, no one in the bus can speaks English or foreign languages. Use your body language now. Also, bring with you Vietnam Dong (currency) as USD is not accepted.
- Train from Hanoi to Halong and return: Starting from Gia Lam Railway Station, Korea- invested train, US$ 20/single ticket. It arrives at Halong Train Station. The station is 4 km away from the Bai Chay Tourist Wharlf.
- Daily morning driver by Hanoi local tour operator in the Old Quarter of Hanoi, shuttle bus costs from US$ 10 to US$ 20/person/one way
- If you arrive Noi Bai Airport and want to travel to Halong city, rent a car with a driver. Hanoi Tour Operators offer this service at US$ 100/one way Noi Bai- Halong, 4 seat car. Note that this rate includes parking fee, tolls, petrole, driver
- Car rent from Hanoi- Halong Bay (2 days 1 night) costs US$ 110/car
- Motorbike is available to rent in Hanoi. It takes 4- 5 hours to ride. Ask your hotel in Hanoi to rent you a motorbike, costing around US$ 10/day.
Travel medical emergency
As you are planning your trip or vacation there are many things that you are going to need to plan for and take care of before your trip starts. You will definitely want to have purchased some type of travel health insurance so that you are covered on your trip in the event of a medical emergency.
Travel medical insurance is what is going to protect you if you are taken ill from a virus or from something that you eat. If you have an accident and are injured your travel health insurance will pay to have you taken to safety and for your stay in the hospital.
Most travel medical insurance will offer you several different policies. If your own personal health insurance already offers you some type of coverage when you are on vacation to out of the country you can think about skipping travel health insurance or you may want to purchase some travel medical insurance to supplement your personal health insurance. The most important thing to consider when buying travel health insurance is the length of time that you will be away. If you are going to be gone for a long period of time or will be traveling often you will want to buy an extended coverage policy. Different travel medical insurance policies will cover different types of medial issues.
1. Red Dragon
Junk, Cruise Halong Bay: 5 cabin boat on
All cruises on
Halong Bay Online,
travel guide, Hanoi Halong Bay Tours, Maps to Halong,
2. Prince Cruise Halong Bay Vietnam: 4 cabin cruise on Halong Bay
3. Jayavarman Cruise on Mekong River Vietnam Cambodia: luxury cruise on the Mekong River
4. Hanoi Airlines: book flight tickets to Hanoi
5. Halong Bay Cruise: list all cruise boats on Halong Bay & Bai Tu Long Bay
6. Hotel Vietnam, Vietnam Hotels: book hotels and resorts in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia
7. Laos Travel Guide: book tours in Laos with the New Road Tour
8. Cambodia Travel: useful guides, hotels, flights, tours in Cambodia
9. Phu Quoc Travel Guide: useful information on Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
10. Travel Sapa Vietnam: tours, hotels, maps to Sapa Vietnam
11. Mekong Delta Tours: cruise, hotels, tours in Mekong, Saigon
Other new travel sites
1. Vietnam Travel
Company: First Choice Tours in Vietnam
2. Hue Travel Guide: guide, maps, tours in Hue Vietnam
3. Sapa Travel Tips: Sapa guides, tourist information
4. Mekong River Tours, Mekong Amalotus Cruise, Amalotus Cruise, Amalotus Boat Mekong River
5. Amalotus.com, Amalotuscruise.com, Amalotus Indochina Sails Mekong River
6. Mekong River Boats: Mekong Tours, Mekong River Tours
7. Hoi An Travel Guide: Tours, maps to Hoi An